Buy Side Only Platform Evaluation Day - Tuesday, September 17th 2019
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
- The use of technology to enhance the investment process: Research, trading and quantitative analysis – What’s at the top of your agenda?
- Can existing technologies used for trading in other asset classes apply to bonds? What are the transferable technologies that you need?
- The platform paradigm- How can you establish which initiative you should be supporting and why?
- When evaluating platforms, what are the key areas you should be testing and looking out for?
- What different platform models can help you prosper in a new electronic environment?
- How can you establish what platform is best suited to fit into your current workflow?
Day 1 - Wednesday 18th September 2019
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
The financial crisis that affected Asia in the 1990s scarred both the region and its governments, prompting politicians and policymakers to learn from their mistakes. With structural reforms, tighter regulations and improved capital requirements, their efforts have paid off, and it is becoming abundantly clear that Asia’s economy looks very different than it did just 20 years ago. This is having a profoundly positive impact on the outlook for Asian fixed income.
Patrick Leung is head of Fixed Income and FX trading for APAC within BlackRock’s Trading and Liquidity Strategies Group overseeing fixed income and FX trading activity in the region. Mr. Leung's service with the firm dates back to 2005, including his years with Barclays Global Investors (BGI), which merged with BlackRock in 2009. Alexandre Bouchardy is Head of Fixed Income Asia and Head of Asset Management Singapore. In addition, he is the Chairman of the Emerging Markets Fixed Income Investment Group. Alexandre joined Credit Suisse Asset Management in 2002 as a Global Fixed Income Portfolio Manager for institutional clients. From 2005 to 2012, he was responsible for inflation-linked solutions and won several Lipper Fund Awards in various European countries. In this interview both Patrick and Alex will share their views on:
- What's fuelling the growing appetite for Asian bonds and how are investors viewing fixed income?
- How much wealth is being created in this space and where is it being invested?
- How are Asian bonds offering the potential to improve returns and reduce risk?
- China’s “One Belt, One Road” programme – How is this promoting the regional development of infrastructure?
- Asian currencies appear undervalued – Will this promote more investors to pursue undervalued opportunities in regions with better fiscal fundamentals?
- As corporate bonds become increasingly expensive, are investors considering reducing credit risk? And what asset classes should investors focus on?
Day 2 - Thursday, September 19th 2019
Thursday, September 19th, 2019