Day 1 - Wednesday 18th September 2019
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
- Assessing the uptake of cryptocurrencies in FX - Should buy-side FX traders incorporate them into their workflow and investment portfolio?
- What does the regulatory landscape look like and where is it heading?
- What are cryptocurrencies and how do they work? Should you take them seriously and are they secure?
- Which market participants are testing the potential of cryptocurrencies?
- Will there continue to be flash crashes?
- What role do cryptocurrencies play in emerging markets?
- How can we expect cryptocurrencies to develop in the near future?
Day 2 - Thursday, September 19th 2019
Thursday, September 19th, 2019
- How is blockchain currently being applied to fixed income markets to make trading, clearing and settlement more cost efficient?
- How does this technology work, how can you use it and what potential does it have to affect the current capital markets ecosystem?
- Reducing reliance on the clearing system- What does blockchain offer and how have trades already been settled outside the traditional clearing and settlement structure in a legal manner?
- New frontiers of performance- How can blockchain enable faster, more efficient settlement and how will this reduce settlement risk?
- Establishing the winners and losers- How can market participants embrace the benefits of blockchain technology whilst preserving their role in the capital markets industry?
- Bringing blockchain to the mass market- What are the current deficiencies around scalability and how can they be overcome?