Day 1 - Wednesday 18th September 2019
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
- What will be the impact if the US federal reserve continues to increase interest rates?
- When will global asset markets be released from the stranglehold of high US interest rates and the strong dollar?
- Turkish Lira freefalling and Indian rupee slipping to a record low against USD in 2018 - Will these trends spark off a currency contagion in emerging markets?
- Indonesian Rupiah and Indian Rupee coming under pressure in 2018 - Are we going to see a repeat of this next year or will we see a greater stability?
- It is possible that certain ASEAN member states and ASEAN as a whole might face the danger of a “stroke” in exchange rates?
- Dollar cycle and opportunities in EM currencies - Where are we in terms of the dollar cycle and what does it mean for the emerging FX markets?
- How can you overcome the challenge of trading restricted currencies in emerging markets?
Day 2 - Thursday, September 19th 2019
Thursday, September 19th, 2019
- We are already in the QE tightening phase - when will the tide turn and after all these rate hikes the fed has to come back and reflect how it has impacted the asset markets?
- When does the quantitative tightening end and what are the drivers that will end the quantitative tightening
- What is the portfolio positioning once quantitative tightening ends and how will investors perceive on the duration risks?
- What are the drivers that will encourage fed to make the financial conditions make more easier or accommodative?
- Moving from QE to quantitative tightening - How it impacts and the changing monetary policy environment moving forward and what it means for investments opportunities in the market?