Day 2 - Thursday, September 19th 2019
Thursday, September 19th, 2019
With the recent green bond taxonomy labelling, US$5 billion worth of green bonds being issued and the launch of the 3 year green bond grant scheme in Sep 2018, how will this unveil a long-term stable return for investors? Our speakers here will examine:
- The rise of an asset class - What is
- Asia’s role in the drive to green and sustainable capital markets?
- What are the main reasons for SEA’s luke warm reception to green bonds?
- Much of the growth in Asian green bond issuance is in China - What can the finance industry do to boost green investments in developing nations in SEA?
- How can portfolio managers include ESG in the decision making, how they can achieve this and what kind of standards can they follow?
- The growing importance around these ESG investments both from the supplier and the demand side -How open are issuers to issue green bonds?
- What is the level of compliance costs that goes along with this and how are issuers getting compensated for the costs associated with reporting?
- What initiatives can IFC take to further increase the number of investors for banks in developing countries that issue green bonds?