Day 2 - Thursday, September 19th 2019
Thursday, September 19th, 2019
Developed markets have had the benefit of using new technologies like AI and automation to increase liquidity, transparency and the ease and speed of trades over the past few years. During that time, EM has stayed the course with little technological advancement and over 70% of EM trades are still done by voice. This presentation will shed light on where technology is going in EM and what you can do to properly prepare and take advantage.
- The rise of artificial intelligence, smart learning and automation- What is the future of human involvement in the execution process?
- High touch vs. low touch - What can you automate across your fixed income desk and what needs to retain the human touch?
- Managing the intelligence of big data - How are the buy side adopting this to facilitate the rise of automated trading on their desk?
- Smart learning, machine learning, obtaining data, and having the control to do this automatically or not- How can this be achieved?
- Establishing a best execution policy around automation- How can you define a set of criteria for your low touch trading to allow your traders to focus on the high touch business?
- How do you recruit, train & retain the appropriate human talent to handle this challenge and instill the correct behavioral change in a buy side organisation?
- Market impact, price, performance, information leakage and risk- How can you establish these factors when incorporating new algos on your desk?
- Evaluating algo performance - What advanced measurements should you incorporate to best understand the success on your trading desk?
- What are the pitfalls you should be aware off when selecting new algos and integrating them in your execution process?
- What considerations go into developers when fine tuning their algos and how are they continuing to push the boundaries of current offerings?
- The future- How will algos further influence FX market over the next 5 years and how can you ensure you are well positioned to take advantage of this?