Day 1 - Wednesday 18th September 2019
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
Diversity is really lacking in the Hong Kong ETF space and according to a survey conducted by Brown Brothers Harriman, although a majority of Hong Kong investors plan to increase their ETF investments in the next 12 months, they would like to see more ETF products across different asset classes. 65% of them want to see more global fixed income products and 63% of them want to see more currency-hedged products, as there are only two such ETFs listed in Hong Kong. In this session our panel of speakers from Vanguard, Goldman Sachs and Lombard Ordier will examine:
- What are the current challenges in estimating the depth of the ETF market amongst institutional investors?
- What are the main reasons for the lack of ETF popularity among the local investors?
- How can investors use ETF as a tool to diversify their portfolios, manage volatility and lower transaction costs?
- The advantages and disadvantages of ETFs and the liquidity in ETFs - how to manage liquidity in the fixed income environment and what are the challenges?
- Matching your bond world to ETFs - Where should ETFs lie in the trading ecosystem and how can you bring these two worlds together for more diversified trading and execution options?
- Trading efficiencies in fixed income ETFs - How can you enhance trading efficiencies in fixed income ETFs? And what have been the recent innovations in the Asian ETF market?
- Evolution of fixed income ETFs - what does the future hold for fixed income ETFs and how is the market forecasted to evolve over the next 3 years?