Day 1 - Wednesday 18th September 2019
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
Market participation in Bond Connect has been growing steadily, with average daily volumes reaching RMB6.55 billion in June 2018, more than double the daily average volumes in the first quarter of the year. And with recent announcement of the exemption of income tax and the full implementation of delivery-versus-payment for settlement, how has bond connect contributed to the increase in the number of approved overseas institutional investors? In this panel, our expert speakers will address:
- What is required of the RMB to support the growth in international investment, including via Bond Connect?
- Bloomberg Barclays index inclusion - What will the new index inclusions mean for the Chinese bond market and will it promote greater participation and awareness and lead to further demand for more investment products?
- With multiple bond market access schemes now available, how can foreign investors navigate them?
- QFII and RQFII trading volumes are quite small - How much of this volume has gone to the Connect schemes?
- Have improvements to access schemes affected the listing arbitrage opportunities that used to exist?
- Bond Connects full Implementation of RDVP - How has this attracted more foreign investors to seek investment opportunities in China’s interbank bond market?
- What are currently the most commonly used trading protocols and how can you incorporate and utilise different workflows on the desk?
- Bringing different worlds together- How can you use technology to drive efficiency and leverage individual strengths of specialized pools and protocols?
- RIE, MTF, OTF, SI, Voice- Analysing the spectrum of trade paths, different types of venues and the interrelationship between each of these
- Establishing the best path to trade- How do each of the available protocols differ and what is best suited to different types of trade?
- New methods of finding liquidity- How are platforms and new entrants innovating to continue to offer new avenues of liquidity for the buy side?