Day 1 - Wednesday 18th September 2019
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
- What will be the impact if the US federal reserve continues to increase interest rates?
- When will global asset markets be released from the stranglehold of high US interest rates and the strong dollar?
- Turkish Lira freefalling and Indian rupee slipping to a record low against USD in 2018 - Will these trends spark off a currency contagion in emerging markets?
- Indonesian Rupiah and Indian Rupee coming under pressure in 2018 - Are we going to see a repeat of this next year or will we see a greater stability?
- It is possible that certain ASEAN member states and ASEAN as a whole might face the danger of a “stroke” in exchange rates?
- Dollar cycle and opportunities in EM currencies - Where are we in terms of the dollar cycle and what does it mean for the emerging FX markets?
- How can you overcome the challenge of trading restricted currencies in emerging markets?