Buy Side Only Platform Evaluation Day - Tuesday, September 17th 2019
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
- The use of technology to enhance the investment process: Research, trading and quantitative analysis – What’s at the top of your agenda?
- Can existing technologies used for trading in other asset classes apply to bonds? What are the transferable technologies that you need?
- The platform paradigm- How can you establish which initiative you should be supporting and why?
- When evaluating platforms, what are the key areas you should be testing and looking out for?
- What different platform models can help you prosper in a new electronic environment?
- How can you establish what platform is best suited to fit into your current workflow?
Day 1 - Wednesday 18th September 2019
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
- Challenges of trading in the new market order: Liquidity, transaction costs and regulations – How can the buy side better capture the post trade, margining and custody costs that impact them?
- Alpha generation – How can you empower your trading desk to shift the primary focus from cost savings to alpha generation?
- What steps you can take to establish the best trading protocol to meet your liquidity needs?
- Where are the investments in new technology going and what capabilities are needed on the buy side to actually achieve best execution for clients?
- How can you evolve your best execution processes beyond RFQ with TCA and liquidity transparency?
- The continued drive for innovation and decisions based on meaningful data – How can you make best execution a reality in 2019/20?
- What are currently the most commonly used trading protocols and how can you incorporate and utilise different workflows on the desk?
- Bringing different worlds together- How can you use technology to drive efficiency and leverage individual strengths of specialized pools and protocols?
- RIE, MTF, OTF, SI, Voice- Analysing the spectrum of trade paths, different types of venues and the interrelationship between each of these
- Establishing the best path to trade- How do each of the available protocols differ and what is best suited to different types of trade?
- New methods of finding liquidity- How are platforms and new entrants innovating to continue to offer new avenues of liquidity for the buy side?
What are the critical success factors for hiring and training the best trading talent in emerging markets today? Which skills and traits are essential for a modern-day trader to thrive? In this session, you will hear more on how to attract top talent and create the best team possible to advance your investment goals:
- Trader evolution- What does increased electronic trading mean for trader skillsets and the future of their role?
- Addressing the digital skill gap and the need to innovate- What skills should you now be looking for when hiring for thefuture?
- Combining technological know-how, trading and risk management skills- What makes a modern-day trader?
- How has increased use of algorithms and automation affected trading teams and how can you prepare for further eTrading growth?
- What new roles and job titles need to be developed on the buy side to keep up with the pace of change across fixed income?
Day 2 - Thursday, September 19th 2019
Thursday, September 19th, 2019