Day 2 - Thursday, September 19th 2019
Thursday, September 19th, 2019
- As these rates are utilised in virtually every corner of the financial markets worldwide, how should market participants prepare?
- The practicalities of benchmark reform - How have regulators handled this and what are the timelines for change?
- Assessing the new benchmarks for key geographical locations - How are you going to transition to these new benchmarks?
- How do reference rates differ from each other and how do the respective policies differ across jurisdictions?
- The implications of moving to an alternative benchmark - What will this mean for legacy contracts?
- What are the impacts of moving away from LIBOR on market pricing and risk management models?
- What are the drawbacks with alternative rates and the potential longevity of Libor once a mainstream alternative has been adopted?
- What are the key challenges associated with moving from Libor to alternative benchmarks and what types of risk will investors face once Libor is discontinued?