Day 2 - Thursday, September 19th 2019
Thursday, September 19th, 2019
The intense competition for FX trading venues may come down to the quality and use of data as a key differentiator. The FX market has witnessed a significant proliferation of trading venues coming to market over the course of the last several years, with expectations of major consolidation soon to come, however the use of data will be instrumental going forward to build and optimise a diverse liquidity network. In this presentation our speaker will address:
- How can superior data sets and methods of extracting information from data give you an advantage in investing?
- What alternative forms of data are the buy side using now to build out their portfolios and come up with new trade ideas?
- How can you integrate new data insights into your existing workflow, with alternative data (satellite information, weather data, foot traffic, etc.) and social media data adoption a growing focus?
- Turning data into alpha- How can you manage and utilize this data to extract new actionable trade ideas?
- Combining AI with big data- How can a data-driven, scientifically based and technologically aware research culture can produce sustainable alpha?