Day 1 - Wednesday 18th September 2019
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
Will 2020 bring more stability, or more uncertainty? There are plenty of hurdles ahead: tighter monetary policy, political change, end of QE and technological disruption, not to mention huge environmental and social challenges. So how should investors react? In this panel, you will hear from our panel of expert speakers on how to best do asset allocation within the fixed income space to generate returns for your investors in an increasingly complex environment:
- Why have active managers predominantly underperformed in the past and what are the indicators that this trend is set to reverse?
- With the rise of passive investing and the return of market volatility, how are ETFs and passive strategies changing bond market liquidity and structure of the fixed income markets?
- Are current market conditions providing a fertile backdrop for active managers to demonstrate their true value or do passive managers still offer the best source of returns?
- Is the period of outperformance of passive funds vs. active funds set to be reversed with more opportunities arising for active managers around rising rates?
- With increased market volatility, do passive managers present too much risk should they react to the same event?